Neighborhood Watch members and block captains are the eyes and ears of our neighborhood for reporting suspicious activity or persons to law enforcement. Forming a Neighborhood Watch is the foundation for community crime prevention; it launches the idea of “Neighbors Watching Out for Neighbors.”
Become a Block Captain
Each block needs a block captain. Block captains will work with our LAPD Senior Lead Officer to relay alerts/problems to and from residents, schedule Neighborhood Watch meetings, and keep member information up to date.
LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH GROUPS
Email NW Groups
Lower Palisades West NW A private online and email group with residences surrounding the following area: Paseo del Mar to 37th Street from Weymouth to Almeria. If you live in this area and would like to sign up for neighborhood watch, please contact us with your name and address and let us know if you would like to join.
Lower Palisades East NW (contact us for info)
South Shores NW (contact us for info)
Online NW Groups
Most of these neighborhood watch groups require membership. NextDoor groups will verify your physical address before you can become a member.
– Coastal San Pedro NW Facebook Group (not moderated)
– Lower Palisades West NW on NextDoor.com
– Palisades (upper) NW on NextDoor.com
– Pneumonia Hill NW on NextDoor.com
– Point Fermin NW Facebook Group
– Southeast San Pedro (Point Fermin) NW on NextDoor.com
– South Shores NW on NextDoor.com
NW Groups outside the coastal area (because so many of you have asked!)
– 18th Below Leland (Leland to Mesa, 10th to 25th)
– Alma Park
– Central San Pedro
– Leland Park
– Mary Star
– Miraleste (approximately 9th St/Miraleste to Western to 1st to Miraleste)
– Northwest San Pedro
– Rena Park
– Vista del Oro Facebook (7th to 25th, Western to Leland)
– Vista del Oro NextDoor
Check out our Crime & Safety Page for more information.