Representatives from the Legends Car Club spoke at the Coastal San Pedro Neighborhood Council (CSPNC) meeting this week regarding this year’s Car Show by the Sea event which supports many local organizations. Changes for next years event were proposed so as to make a smaller impact on the community.
Some of the proposed changes to the 2016 event:
- Stage cars prior to the event in Angels Gate Park, instead of Paseo del Mar.
- One-day waiver of the no parking signs on the north side of Paseo del Mar (from Gaffey to Roxbury). This year LAPD handed out approximately 100 parking citations.
- Move the LAPD command post from the corner of Gaffey and Paseo del Mar up to Angels Gate Park by the Korean Bell.
- More signage.
- Parking at SPHS Olguin Campus with two shuttles (instead of one) to/from the event.
- This year there were 658 cars at the event. Next year they are planning a maximum of 600 cars. No cars would be allowed to park on the sidewalk surrounding Pt. Fermin Park so that it could be used as a fire lane.
- Employ twelve security guards instead of six.
- Materials sent to participants will state that alcohol is not allowed at the event and all vehicles participating are subject to search.
To receive instant news updates, subscribe to Email Alerts on the homepage at TheSanPedroCoast.com.