Angels Gate Cultural Center has released their schedule for tomorrow’s annual Open Studios. There are a lot of activities for kids and adults!
Open Studios Day
May 20, 2012
12 – 5pm
|Noon – 1:30||3D Artwork||Nicola Lamb||G Classroom|
|12:30 – 1:30||Flamenco Demo||Mercedes Ibarra||Building H|
|1:00 – 2:00||Ceramics Demo||Jan Govearts||F Classroom|
|1:30 – 3:00||Poppy Seed Packets||Jayn Ghormley||G Classroom|
|2:00||Gallery Walkthrough||Dir. of Visual Arts||Building A|
|2:30 – 3:30||Bellydancing Demo||Alexis||Building H|
|3:00 – 4:00||Ceramics Demo||Delora Bertsch||F Classroom|
|3:00 – 4:30||Crazy Hat Making||Betty Ziff||G Classroom|
Throughout the day we will have activities around Angels Gate Cultural Center
- Artists Studios will be open for visiting all day.
- Yoga Garden between Building A and B. Join a 15‐minute class that will start every half hour.
- Printmaking Studio in the west end of Building E. Ongoing demonstrations all day.
- Raku Firing between Buildings D and E at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15 and 4:15.
- Drum Circle in front of Building D. Pick up a drum and join in some music making.
– – –
LA Commons and Townee Tours are getting together to host the first Trek L.A. walking tour on Sunday, May 20 at 10:00 am. The tour will start at Angels Gate Cultural Center discussing the history of the area when it served as the Fort MacArthur upper reservation. The tour will visit the Korean Bell of Friendship and the Marine Mammal Rescue Center. The cost is $10. Check here for more details.